Search This Blog

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Tooth and Nail



So I've mentioned that my dad has a sawmill, and I thought I'd give him some space here.  He owns a mobile sawmill and woodcraft shop in Milton, WV, making furniture, crafts, and wooden dulcimers and psalteries. So, what is a mobile sawmill?



The log is strapped to the black metal base and the saw (seen at the other end) runs horizontally on rails down it's length, creating board lumber. 
I thought I'd post some pics of all the things he creates from that lumber.


He made this dining room table and side bench.
Dulcimers and Psalteries, he even made the bows!

Rocking chairs.


Cutting boards.


Quilt racks.
A fishing rod holder.






Bark silhouettes created from the slab of bark cut from a log while it's being squared off.

Blanket chests.

Since he has retired, he spends most of his time out in the woodshop, making all of these fabulous works of art.  He's been known to make a gun stalk or two, even caskets!  Basically, if you can dream it up, dad will find a way to build it.  If you want to see more, check out his Facebook page at Tooth  and Nail!

Dad out in the shop.




No comments:

Post a Comment